Today I was sitting here thinking as I eat my progresso light soup & watch my husband shit talk the mii's playing baseball that I really should work on being more compassionate. Not like just giving money to homeless people or letting people budge me in line but I need to slow down & think. What if that were me? Or worse yet someone I care about. What would I want people to do then? So every Saturday is my compassion day. I will do something a little nicer to or for someone. Maybe I will even make an impression on someone.
I remember being a kid & I was trying to tell my mom I was going to play outside. She was napping on the couch & told me not to throw eggs at te cars, it would take the paint off. & you know what? She was right. Just in case you would like a thrown egg print on your car where the paint is gone. Cool huh? I thought so. Apparently enough so to carry this saying on for years.
Makes you think... What do we hang on to? & why?
No comments:
Post a Comment